Youth Activist - Governor's Institutes of Vermont (USA)
Explore Youth Activist- Governor's Institutes of Vermont (USA) 2018
Requirement: demonstrated involvement in a community group
No. of places available: 5
Age profile: 16 - 17 years of age (on 1st of June 2018)
Travel dates: 30th June - 12th July 2018
Duration: 10 days (plus travel days)
- Return flights/transfers from Ireland to Vermont, plus insurance.
- Accommodation and all meals at Governor's Institute of Vermont
- Pre-departure support and preparation (including predeparture week-end on May 26-27th)
- Travel as part of a group
- Group leader support for duration
- Participate in the 4th July parade
- All programme materials & activities
- Debrief week-end workshop on September 16th-17th 2018
“My experience at Governor's institute of Vermont was fantastic. I learned so much about current issues, gained valuable skills and met amazing people. I now feel empowered to make a greater change in the world and GIV has given me the confidence to do this. I am really grateful that I was given this opportunity as GIV has really brought out the best in me while shaping so many of my perspectives" Jason, 2017 Vermont Explorer
EIL Explore are excited to offer the Youth Activist award to five young people who have demonstrated leadership potential while being actively involved with a group in their community.
The Vermont Governor’s Institute each year, brings together 60 – 70 dynamic young leaders and challenges them to ask and answers difficult questions, by exploring different sides of issues and political perspectives.
It challenges participants to find solutions to the local and global problems that directly impact young people.
- Discussions with key politicians, activists and community leaders
- Team building challenges, leadership skills workshops
- Field trips, sports, campfires
- Creative simulations, including a Mock Congress
- Arts & cultural activities