Youth Activist - Governor's Institutes of Vermont (USA)
Explore Youth Activist- Governor's Institutes of Vermont (USA) 2017
Requirement: demonstrated involvement in a community group
No. of places available: 5
Age profile: 16 - 17 years of age (on 1st of June 2017)
Travel dates: 29th June - 8th July 2017 (exclusing travel)
Duration: 10 days (plus travel days)
- Return flights/transfers from Ireland to Vermont, plus insurance.
- Accommodation and all meals at Governor's Institute of Vermont
- Pre-departure support and preparation (including predeparture week-end on May 20-21)
- Travel as part of a group (With the EIL Explore Youth Activist winners)
- Group leader support for duration
- Participate in the 4th July parade
- All programme materials & activities
- Debrief week-end workshop on September 16-17
"It left me speechless, I can't explain to people how great it was, I honestly have to tell them, you just had to be there. There's so many things that other people just won't get, will never understand, might never experience!" Alex, 2016 Vermont EIl Explore Winner
EIL Explore are excited to offer the Youth Activist award to five young people who have demonstrated leadership potential while being actively involved with a group in their community.
The Vermont Governor’s Institute each year, brings together 60 – 70 dynamic young leaders and challenges them to ask and answers difficult questions, by exploring different sides of issues and political perspectives.
It challenges participants to find solutions to the local and global problems that directly impact young people.
- Discussions with key politicians, activists and community leaders
- Team building challenges, leadership skills workshops
- Field trips, sports, campfires
- Creative simulations, including a Mock Congress
- Arts & cultural activities