How is it assessed?
The aim of the EIL Explore is to support people who have a history of voluntary involvement in their school, college or their community. We are looking for people who have demonstrated or who believe they can demonstrate leadership potential and people who would not ordinarily be able to avail of such travel opportunities due for financial or social reasons.
What do we look for?
- A person who is curious about other cultures and tolerant of differences
- A person and is flexible to engage with new and often challenging situations.
- A person who is interested in sharing their experience and learning with their own community on their return
- A person who is seeking a different and new opportunity that can foster open mindedness, global awareness, critical thinking and personal development.
The assessment process
Application → Shortlisting → Interview → Reference checking → Selection
- After the deadline, all eligible applications are reviewed in February 2017 by different members of the EIL Network and by recruiting partners (e.g. Foroige, Future Voices Ireland, NUI Galway ALIVE etc.). EIL network members include staff, board members, and past award winners.
- Once a shortlist of candidates has been selected, all applicants will be contacted and informed of whether or not they have been successful in securing an interview.
- All shortlisted candidates are required to attend the interview day in Dublin on Saturday March 11th 2017, where they will be interviewed by a panel of EIL network members (staff, past winners, board members etc.) and recruiting partners.
- When a potential winner has been identified, their references will then be checked.
- If the selection panel is happy with the reference, the winner is notified of their success. All unsuccessful candidates are notified as soon as possible.